Tuesday

X-Files


This past Sunday I got to see a GREAT movie, the "The X-Files: I Want To Believe." It was so much fun. The story was interesting, the acting great, the relationship between Scully and Mulder was wonderful, and there was just a touch of humor. And in the end, Scully and Mulder sailed away in a row boat across a beautiful ocean, something that made me just a little jealous, I admit. As for this picture, there was a tiny scene depicting a priest leaning against a wall in the movie. He looked completely lost in thought, really in his own world, I loved the simplicity, quiet and color of the image, so, I thought I'd try to draw it. For those of you who have seen this movie, I know this isn't what the movie was about, but you just can't help what images strike you as interesting. It may be a cloud in the sky, or a pattern in the rug, or someone waiting for a bus, it is what it is. This image is part drawing part collage and I like the softness and open spaces mixed with layers of color.

(PS. thanks Ben, I loved it.)

No comments: