Thursday

Tristan da Cunha Island Map


I created this map for Don Boulden, my father-in-law. He may have been a distant relative of the man who discovered Tristan da Cunha island.  I have to admit, it sounds like such a neat place. It takes forever to get there, which makes the island even more exciting and intriguing to me. You must go on plane rides, boat rides, it takes days. There are some people there, some stores, a hotel or something of the like and a lot of beautiful looking terrain. Or so it would seem when I did research to create my map. My husband and I thought making a map like this and then adding a history of the island (written by my husband) would make a neat, and original Father's Day gift. (He loved it!)

I used Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to make my map. It took forever but I like the outcome. (NOTE: I created everything myself except for the little inset illustrations in the water. I got those from very old maps.) 

I can't help but think of the last few lines from the movie Joe vs. the Volcano when I look at this map:
- "I wonder where we'll end up?"
- "Away from the things of man, my love. Away from the things of man."

3 comments:

Ben Boulden said...

Very cool. You did a great job.

prakash said...

oracle tarining in chennai

Stevennall said...

Thank you for taking the time to write such an informative post on graphic design. Your blog is not only informative, but it is also very creative.