Wednesday

Night

























"Night, the beloved, Night, when words fade and things come alive, When the destructive analysis of day is done, and all that is truly important becomes whole and sound again. When man reassembles his fragmentary self and grows with the calm of a tree." -Antoine de Saint-Exuper


~Yes, this is indeed a tree pictured here. It's a baby tree, it will grow into something wonderful. I adore this quote, I just found it today. It made me think of going home at the end of the day, how all the things you dreamed up to be anxious about throughout the day are gone when you go home and find your loved ones. How night makes the world and the soul feel soft again~

2 comments:

C. Stover said...

Oooh, I like the top of the tree (the leaves part). Very moonlighty.
As for the quote, I do think family has a lot to do with the feeling whole part again.

Kara Boulden said...

Thanks!

Yes, I agree. Family is what I thought of when the author of that quote talked about fragmented parts coming back together at the end of the day. All of the difficult parts of being out in the world melt away and don't seem to matter as much when you go home and play with your fam~.