Wednesday

The state of things


This morning I saw a picture of a woman standing still, behind her, there were colors rushing past. There was a feeling in the image that she was standing still as the world flew past. It didn't feel like she was standing still and letting life pass her by, more that as the world progressed in it's chaotic rushed fashion, she was not being dragged along with it, she was at peace. I loved the feeling of this image and wanted to create something of my own like it. This is what I came up with. In the end, I think this piece is interesting. As I sit and ponder this picture, I'm hopeful that I can see the world in this fashion, to be at peace with the state of the world; yet, at the same time, I want to contribute in some way, make the wrongs and the negatives less. Here's to hoping.

No comments: