Tuesday

Iris


This iris has been sitting here unfinished for a few weeks on my computer. It finally got finished today because I wanted to go back to drawing things for fun, skip all this trying to make things more "fine art" somehow. In trying to create something more fine art, I ended up creating the semi-awful pears in my last post. What's the point of that? What's "fine art" anyway? That question has been going around since someone first picked up writing implement and created an image. Fine art is what you decide it is. As for this picture, I like it fairly well. The blue sky and clouds were added just before I finished this drawing and I think they add a lot. Instead of a flower that felt fairly stationary, I have something growing outside in the fresh air, where we should all be.

No comments: