Wednesday

More Monumental?

In my last post I mentioned wanting to create something more monumental than pictures of frogs. As time went on I decided I really liked the frog and lily pad picture, but still, is this picture of a tree and it's roots more monumental, more meaningful than that one? I'm not sure about that but it does appeal more to the "fine art" side of my brain. It's more artistically interesting I think; more art, less illustration. Oh boy, does that open a sticky can of worms -- fine art v. illustration. In that light, I don't think either of these pictures is more successful than the other, just different. Still, I really like this new picture, I like the layers and how the different colors, transparencies, etc. play on each other; also how the tree trunk runs into the roots.

No comments: