Thursday

Subtle Grace







The other day there was a painting by a contemporary artist in the paper of a "pinup girl" in front of a landscape. I didn't care for it. It was a nod to pulp art of the 40's, 50's, 60's, I'm guessing anyway. The girl in the painting lacked the subtle sexiness and grace of the original pinup girls; she looked really hard, a rear-end-in-your-face sort of sexy. I've been thinking about these women since, the women on the covers of old novels scattered around my house, the way they were painted so subtly; the talented artists that painted them. This type of artwork is so interesting to me because the artists who painted these covers were amazing. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Anyway, food for thought, ramblings, and the reason for this drawing. I just wanted to draw something pretty; something soft, but stark, with deep pockets color.

No comments: