Wednesday

Back to a favorite

This rabbit was really really fun to create. Last fall I drew a series of three animals, a rooster, a cow and a pig. I really have enjoyed them so I thought I'd return to the subject of animals for this post. I like the idea of drawing animals that I wouldn't automatically be drawn to first as a subject, rabbits fall into this category, who knows why, they just do. The color scheme in this picture fell together so quickly and the colors seemed to blend together all by themselves, it was amazing. Basically, this picture falls into the "simply fell together nearly without my help" category. I almost got to feel like I was watching "The Joy of Painting" on PBS, simply a spectator. This doesn't happen often and what a joy when it does.




Portfolio Image.

No comments: