Monday

Antelope Island

One of my favorite places is Antelope Island. It is a beautiful, quiet, still place. The first time we went there was a very cold, very pretty snowy day in November. We literally saw only one other person on the island that day. At one point, as we sat on a bench watching the snow slowly drift down from the sky a deer approached stopping only a few yards away from us. We quietly watched her eat for probably 15 minutes. It was one of the most truly peaceful moments of my life. Since then we've gone back to visit the island on multiple occasions, one being this past Saturday. I was struck by the beauty of a particular scene. The lake surrounding the island appeared to be held securely from the sky above and the golden grasses covering the shore beneath. It was really very pretty. I tried to remember the scene so I could draw it, this is how my picture came out.

No comments: