Monday

Interesting People


Where are we "allowed" to get inspiration from? I did a search in Google images. I typed in "interesting people" and found a picture of a old round man's head and loved it. So I drew it. I like it. I like the balance of lights and darks. I can stare at this and enjoy this balance for hours if time permits. I feel this is a fine way to find inspiration. Is it any different than taking a random strangers picture, going home and sketching it? Or sketching in a park? Or drawing a building and calling my drawing mine when I am not the architect of the building in my drawing? I think in today's society we spend too much time trying to decide what belongs to whom in the realm of "intellectual property." I think we find inspiration where we find it. Spend less time worrying about what you are allowed to be inspired by and more time being inspired. That's my philosophy.

No comments: